Khmelnitsky – the largest city in the region on the shores of the Southern Bug River – starts with the guard garrison Proskuriv known since 1493. After the Third Partition of Poland in 1795 it became a district center for the newly formed Podolia.
Architectural face Khmelnytsky striking in its beauty and exceptional features. Attract the attention of houses and office buildings before the Revolution , where he placed district, museums, theaters and other institutions. Among urban monumental works of unusual and original monuments include Bogdan Khmelnitsky (1993) and the soldiers who died in Afghanistan and other local wars.