Located on the Seret River (left tributary of the Dniester) Ternopil was always attractive to visitors and tourists monuments of history and culture.
In 1540 the Polish King Sigismund gave performer Krakow magnate Jan Tarnovsky to build a fortress in one of the hotspots Terebovlia County. In 1548 , the city got the Magdeburg Law. Tsoho7nbsp , the same year in the valley of the River Siret was poured along the dike path and the Lviv built dam bridge , causing the river overflowed and was a great became a width of 2 km.
Peers town is an old castle, an architectural monument of XVI century. Castle overlooking the pond . From the city it was fenced off the deep dry moat and surrounded by an earthen rampart with a wooden palisade. In the corners stood Murovanye tower with loopholes. To the castle can be reached via a drawbridge and stone gate. The central three-story building comprised two lateral wings on the lower floor . Since the palace is built on a hillside on the eastern facade of the lower floor of the west, over the pool . In 1675, the Turks retreating from Ternopil, burned the castle and towers exploded. Only in the late XVII century. The castle was rebuilt. In 1809-1815 he Ternopil was ruled by Russia. During this period the castle were held grand balls. Significant damage sustained in the castle during the Second World War , as entered Ternopol ten most devastated cities in the former Soviet Union ( 85 % of the city was destroyed ). Gates dismantled immediately after the war . The castle was rebuilt in 1951 and today it operates as the Palace of Sports.
The rest of the city’s attractions are fairly close to each other . Above the pool is a defensive church of the Exaltation (XVI c. ) in the heart of the city – the Church of the Nativity (XVII century.) Freedom on the Square is one of the finest architectural monuments of the late Baroque – a former Dominican church , and now – Greek Catholic church, zbuduvanyy in 1749-1779 , respectively.
On past Ternopil tell materials stored in the museum, with the artistic life of the city could meet at the Art Museum and visit the Academic Drama Theatre im.T. Shevchenko.